Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
What is Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
- Bio-identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT) uses hormones that are processed to be identical to those produced in the human body. The most commonly used hormones are Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone. In compounding, these can come from natural or synthetic sources and are available by prescription only.
Who can benefit from BHRT?
- BHRT can benefit anyone, of any gender, who is experiencing symptoms that result from an imbalance of hormones.
- These symptoms vary, but may include fatigue, weight gain (or loss), hair loss, lack of sleep, hot flashes, irritability, ED, and more.
What is the process to start BHRT?
- The best way to determine if BHRT is right for you is through comprehensive lab testing. Based on the results and on your symptoms, your physician will determine which hormones, if any, are appropriate and write a prescription. These are available in topical applications, capsules, liquids, and troches (lozenges).
- We will compound your prescription to your physician’s exact specifications, and either have it ready for pickup or ship it directly to your door!
- Are you a healthcare practitioner? Please visit our "For Practitioners" page for more info on how to submit a prescription, or feel free to call us with any questions.
When will I see results?
- Results vary, but the process of regulating and maintain hormone levels can take several months. Regular follow-ups with the prescribing physician are essential and recommended about every 6 months in order to monitor your progress, and to make any potential changes to your prescription.
- Thyroid and adrenal function should also be monitored to optimize treatment.
*The statements above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.